Audi Skysphere Price
Audi Skysphere is a self-driving concept car unveiled in 2021 and the price in Canada is expected to be CAN$ 1,950,000 when production starts.
Audi Skysphere REVIEW IN CANADA
Audi has always led the way in automotive innovation and now, with the skysphere, it continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible in terms of technology, design and efficiency. The skysphere, as you can probably guess from its name, takes inspiration from nature and space travel, with the end result being an innovative design that pushes the limits of what we expect from cars today.
ENGINE AND PERFORMANCE
The Skysphere Concept car is equipped with a 623-hp electric motor, which can power it to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.0 seconds. The skysphere comes with a range 310 miles on a single charge thanks to its 80kWh battery pack. A total of 30% of its battery packlies between the passengers while the remaining 70% can be found at the back end – resulting in an even distribution between front and rear axle weights. The skysphere comes with a range 310 miles on a single charge thanks to its 80kWh battery pack.
The Audi Skysphere Concept is the newest model in regards to car design. It filters through German engineering with a touch of whimsy, providing all sorts of new innovations. With the press of a virtual button and the use of electric motors and telescoping structures – this vehicle can change from an autonomous automobile with a long wheel base that provides stability when driving to smaller car size equipped for shorter drives with driver-centric design.
Even the inside of this car changes when you push a button. The steering wheel and pedals come out of the dashboard, while the seats slide back for more room for long trips.
Skysphere also has a fully touchable dashboard screen that moves away or closer to the driver measuring 141cm x 18cm. The concept depends on the idea of autonomous vehicles with Level 4 technology, which is the capability to drive without any human interference under certain conditions.
Level 4 autonomy is yet to be developed though. The car industry has been shaken up this year with many people giving up their gas guzzling cars and moving to electric ones. Audi recently announced that they are making a car that is not only electric but can change dimensions as well. Skysphere should be in production sometime in the next few years. In addition to this, Audi will also release two new concepts; the Grandsphere and the Urbansphere both are designed to be self-driving cars.
Audi Skysphere VERDICT
Just like Elon Musk made the bar for electric cars with 300+ miles with a single charge, Audi has set the new standards for the design of future cars. The skysphere is far from production but will give inspiration to other car designers to make similar futuristic models in the future.
Audi Skysphere Specifications
|Max Power||624 hp|
|0-100 km/h Time||4 seconds|
|Number Of Seats||2|
|Number of Doors||2|